Editorial Board Member John Caldora and spouse Alexandria Crabtree Caldora on how autistic people can navigate communication challenges in their romantic relationships and friendships.Download transcript, John Caldora and Alexandria Crabtree Caldora: Communication Within Interpersonal Relationships
For more STS resources on romantic relationships, check out the posts below.
- Autism, LGBTQA Dating, Community, and Student Groups: A Reflection
- Safe Sexuality on Campus for Adults on the Spectrum: Recognizing the Unique Challenges
For more STS resources on friendship, look here.
- Autism and Socializing in College
- Establishing an Autism Peer Support Community
- Let’s Talk Autism, Special Interests, and College Social Life
- Socializing in STEM Classes and Careers, Part Two: Practical Tips for Autistic Students
- “Find a Pathway That Works for You”: Interview with Jody Goldstein, Director of Disabilities Services, UMASS Lowell
For more STS resources about well-being, check out these resources.
Preparing for the Worst: Safety Tools for Your Autistic High School or College Student
Bullying and Autism: How to Recognize Harmful Behavior and Create a Safer School Environment
A Guide for Autistic Students: World Mental Health Day 2018, Young People and Mental Health in a Changing World.
John Caldora, M.Ed. is a case manager who works with students of concern at a large public university in the Southern United States. He is also a member of the autism spectrum. John draws on his personal experiences as well as his knowledge of Higher Education administration to help autistic students succeed. He has spent years presenting to higher education professionals regarding best practice interventions and encouraging self-advocacy in students.
Alexandria Crabtree Caldora is married to STS Editorial Board Member John Caldora. She holds an MA in Arts and Religion from Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington, DC and a BA in music from Berea College in Kentucky. She is a performing flautist and has performed at locations such as the Lincoln Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery. Presently she is Choir Director at a church in Lexington, KY and an AmeriCorps volunteer.
Questions for John or Allie?
Join the conversation below.