Autism Support Services: What’s Available in College

Have you been wondering what support services for autism and autistic students are available in college? In this series of videos, former Associate Dean of Student Support Services Susan Woods answers questions for students and parents preparing for the transition from high school to college. Here she provides insight into the kinds of support services families can expect to find on college and university campuses.

If you’d like to hear more from Susan, consider these videos on supporting student independence and evaluating a disabilities services office. Additionally, you can read her exploration of using UDL in the classroom here. A great place to learn more about autism-friendly colleges is this Autism in College list. Finally, are you thinking about financial aid? Our post Scholarships, Grants & Loans for Students on the Spectrum can help.

Questions or comments for Susan? Let us know!

Previous ArticleNext Article

Susan Woods, M. Ed, recently retired as Associate Dean of Student Support Services at Middlesex Community College after 27 years. Susan managed the college’s Disability Support Services, supporting 1000 students with documented disabilities, as well as alternative and grant funded support programs. Susan has regularly provided training and workshops to faculty and staff on creating welcoming and inclusive environments and universal design for instruction. Her work now focuses on professional development and training to high school personnel and families to help support the successful transition to college for students with disabilities. Her professional development website is www.susanbwoods.com.

Leave a Reply

Send this to a friend